Monday 17 June 2019

Meet Our First Aider and Treasurer



First Aider - Lyndsay




Hi Everyone!

My name is Lyndsay and I am the First Aider for GOLD Maldives 2019. I will be making sure we all stay as safe as we can when we are in the Maldives and will be the first responder in case of any injuries. I’m also going to be making sure we all wear our sun cream and are drinking plenty water because it is going to be hot when we are on project!

My guiding life started at the age of 5 as a Rainbow and then I became a Brownie, Guide, Senior Section member and then a leader in training with 9th Alloa Guides in Scotland. I have since moved down to England where I am a leader in training in Worcester. In my life away from Girlguiding I am a physiotherapist.

I have been on internationals with Girlguiding before, but GOLD is going to be a bigger challenge than any that I have been on. I am really looking forward to going on project and working with the Maldives Girl Guide Association!

Treasurer - Rachael


Hi everyone!

My name is Rachael and I am the Treasurer for GOLD Maldives 2019, making sure we stay on budget and have enough money to eat whilst on project! 

I've been a member of Girlguiding since I was a Brownie, took a break whilst I was at university and got straight back in to being a unit leader of the 12th York Brownies just over 3 years ago. I love watching girls grow in confidence and seeing the impact Guiding has on their life! I will always remember the county trip I was lucky enough to be involved in 2003 when I travelled all the way to Australia for 4 weeks - I loved seeing how Guiding takes place in Australia and made some life long friends. This experience really helped to shape the person I am today! I am excited to meet members of the Maldivian Girl Guide Association and see what adventures we will have on our GOLD project this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment